Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Northern LIghts (QPLS)

What do the aurora borealis, time travel, and wooly worms have in common? Listen and find out.

I love this one so much. I love how it is told through "actual recordings" and happens contemporary to the broadcast date. I love how it references real world events (snow in LA). I love how it takes a completely ridiculous premise and makes it genuinely entertaining and creepy. The only bad thing about this show is trying to get the eerie A-E-I-O-U song out of your head afterward.

Quiet Please #85
Northern Lights
30 January 1949
19490130(085)_QPLS_NorthernLights.mp3

ABC net. Albert Buhrman (organist), Cecile Roy, Daniel Sutter (performer), Ernest Chappell (announcer), Wyllis Cooper (host, writer, director)



Northern Lights photographed by Yuichi Takasaka

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate all comments to prevent spam and nonsense. It may take a few moments for your words to appear.